These patties are very simple to make and quite light and healthy to eat 🙂
They are nice served warm or even better cooled at room temperature.
They can be served as a starter or on their own, accompanied with a big mixed salad as a meatless dish or prepared in advance to be taken on a picnic.
Serves 2 persons
- 2 medium sized zucchinis, coarsely grated
- 100 g feta cheese (or goat cheese)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mint (spearmint)
- 5 tablespoons flour (about 60 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- some vegetable oil for frying (preferably olive oil)
Crumble the feta cheese in a bowl.
Mix in the chopped herbs and dry mint.
Add flour, salt and cayenne pepper. Mix.
Add the beaten eggs and mix well.
Add the grated (and drained) zucchini and stir.
Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a pan. Drop small spoons of the mixture into the pan and flatten the dollops a bit with the back of the spoon.
Cook for about two minutes on each side, until the patties are golden brown on both sides.
Serve with lime or lemon wedges to squeeze on top.
– You can add 2 chopped spring onions to the mixture, if you wish so.
– If your zucchinis are very juicy, after grating them, you better leave them on a kitchen cloth for 15 minutes to get rid of the excess juices.
– You can use dry herbs instead of fresh ones, but in this case you must reduce the quantity considerably. For example instead of 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, use 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of dry parsley.
Naložbo Vavčer za digitalni marketing – izdelavo spletne strani sofinancirata Republika Slovenije in Evropska unija iz Evropskega sklada za regionalni razvoj.