A very easy and fast to prepare meal, yet a combination of great tastes and healthy ingredients. This dish can be served as a main vegetarian course, or as an accompaniment to fish or chicken for non vegetarians.
- A selection of vegetables cut into chunks (I used: 2 small potatoes, 1 small sweet potato, 1 cup of green peas, 1 carrot, ½ small cauliflower head, 1 cup green beans)
- About 1 cm of fresh ginger root, minced (or 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder)
- 1 teaspoon of dry turmeric powder ( or a piece of fresh turmeric root, minced)
- ½ teaspoon of asafoetida compound
- ½ teaspoon of curry powder mix (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons of oil
Crush cumin and coriander seeds a little in a mortar and pestle (or in a bowl with the back of a spoon).
Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and fry a bit on medium heat. Add cumin and coriander and fry a bit longer. Add asafoetida, turmeric and ginger, mix and continue frying for a minute.
Add vegetables and salt as desired. Fry for 5 minutes. Mix to coat all vegetables with spices and oil. Add a little water and cover the pan. Cook until the vegetables are cooked.
Cut the vegetables into chunks that are going to cook fast enough. Cut slow cooking vegetables thinner and fast cooking vegetables, so you can add all at once and that they cook somewhat at the same time. Otherwise you might end up with some mashed up and some uncooked pieces.
Naložbo Vavčer za digitalni marketing – izdelavo spletne strani sofinancirata Republika Slovenije in Evropska unija iz Evropskega sklada za regionalni razvoj.