Healthy, fresh and fast recipe for patties, using turkey meat and zucchini, with herbs and delicate spices like cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper.
These patties are nice to be eaten warm and also excellent cold. So they are a perfect make ahead recipe and a great dish to take to outdoor picnics.
Serves 3-4 persons
- 400 g ground turkey meat
- 2 cups of grated zucchinis (approximately 2 small zucchinis grated)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dry spearmint (or 1 tablespoon of fresh spearmint)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon green cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- some vegetable oil for frying the patties (I recommend olive oil)
Mix all ingredients (preferably knead with hands, maybe using gloves like I do) in a large bowl until all is well combined.
Form patties (I make them about 7-8 cm big) and place on a baking sheet.
Heat oil in a pan and fry patties a few at a time. Let them fry/cook on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side. They need to cook through and get brown on the outside, so adjust the heat accordingly so you don’t get them brown too fast and have raw patties on the inside.
Serve with some lemon to squeeze on top, a creamy yogurt dip and/or a salad.
– use the green parts of the spring onions in this recipe as well.
– Do not use peppermint, or the patties will taste like chewing gum.
– You can prepare these patties in bigger quantity and freeze them for a fast dinner when you are in a hurry.
Naložbo Vavčer za digitalni marketing – izdelavo spletne strani sofinancirata Republika Slovenije in Evropska unija iz Evropskega sklada za regionalni razvoj.