Cashews are good for the heart, bones, blood pressure, nerves, hair, etc.
Cashews are good for you, so enjoy them in every possible way.
This deliciously creamy and easy to make nut milk is yet another way to enjoy them.
Here is the recipe to my favorite milk substitute:
- 150 grams of cashew nuts (raw), soaked overnight (1 cup)
- 1 liter of water (4 cups)
- 4 dates (optional, if you want a slightly sweetened milk)
Blend all ingredients in a blender for a few minutes. let it rest for a moment and blend again for a minute. (Basically you need to blend the ingredients nicely and my blender calls for such maneuvers but if you have a great blender, you may be able to blend for a minute or two to get to even a better result than with my method ). Strain through a nut bag or a fine wire colander.
Enjoy right away or chilled!
- I also added 1/2 teaspoon of my homemade vanilla extract and a pinch of salt for more deliciousness. You can do the same or leave it as is.
- If you want a non sweetened milk, omit the dates.
- I used Iranian dates, which were small, soft and not too sweet.
- You can also add spices (1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon or a pinch of cardamom seeds powder) or cacao powder.
- Don’t forget to shake well before serving!
Naložbo Vavčer za digitalni marketing – izdelavo spletne strani sofinancirata Republika Slovenije in Evropska unija iz Evropskega sklada za regionalni razvoj.